Friday, October 5, 2007

Our Newest Arrivals!!!



Well like I said before right now we only have one litter in the nest box! So I thought that I would take a couple of pictures to show y'all:) As you can see there are 4 bunnies. From left to right the colors are, lilac tort, black tort, blue, and a black. A very pretty litter indeed! I am very proud of their mother because although this is her third litter it is the first one that she could raise normally.


Her first litter was born 3 days late, all the babies were quite small and dead in a beautifully made nest! It was very sad because she wanted her babies. Her second litter she had one stuck so I gave her oxytocin and the first bunny was alive but bruised at birth and died minuets later. The next two were born on the wire. She hadn't made a nest so I had to do that. Those bunnies survived but I had to force her to feed them everyday until she got the hang of it.


This time I got home from school to check and sure enough there were 4 healthy bunnies in a beautiful nest! So I am very happy! This litter is special to me because their sire is Reg. GC Countryside Mohammed one of the best show bunnies I have bred. I sold him because just about all of my bunnies are his sisters. Their mother is Adore's In Question. I am expecting this litter to be FABULOUS!!!!!


Also pictured is Countryside Mudslide a 6 month old doe that is a full sister to Countryside Mohammed! She will be one of two does for our youth entry at convention!! She is a beautiful rabbit! She is out of my WONDER cross of Countryside Midnight Star bred to Silvertone Jester! I have kept so many bunnies from this cross that I let Kristine Leverich of WI buy both Midnight and Jester! Check out her blog at http://www.dutchworksrabbitry.blogspot.com/!!


TOMORROW I WILL POST ABOUT A MYSTERIOUS SOMETHING THAT MY FAMILY FOUND AT THE END OF OUR ROAD. SO CHECK BACK FOR MORE!!!!!



No comments: